Wow. Where to start? These cinnamon rolls are everything in my life right now. They are divine, yet so easy to make! They have taken breakfast and snack times in our household to another level.
Not to mention… They have satisfied a craving that I’ve been building up for months! Several times a week, I go and work in a coffee shop. Every time I order a coffee, I get asked: “do you want anything to eat?”. I’ve been wanting to order their deliciously smelling cinnamon rolls, but sadly they are not vegan! Not only can I now enjoy a homemade version instead, but I’m also saving a lot of money too.
I’ve made them both with normal sugar and refined sugar-free style and both options are fantastic!!
Minimal Ingredients + Minimal Effort
As you may know by now, around here, we like to use as few ingredients as possible in our recipes and keep things as easy as possible! Simply because saving time is our main priority. Who wants to spend all Sunday in the kitchen, am I right? To achieve that, for this recipe, you will require a bread machine!
Preparing these cinnamon rolls starts by adding the following ingredients to your bread machine:
- vegetable oil,
- bread flour,
- white sugar or xylitol for a refined sugar-free version,
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast,
- and salt!
That’s it, friends!!
Later on, you will need a few more ingredients:
- plant butter or margarine,
- brown sugar or coconut sugar for a refined sugar-free version,
- raisins (optional),
- and maple syrup!
You have to admit, this list of ingredients is short and straightforward, to make a heavenly roll happen?
How To Make Cinnamon Rolls Happen In The Bread Machine
Once you have added the dough ingredients to the bread machine, run the “dough only” function! This function should run for about one hour and 30 minutes.
Here are the basic steps:
- Add all the ingredients to the bread machine to make the dough.
- Roll the dough out, spread it with plant butter or margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon etc.
- Roll the dough into cinnamon roll shapes and allow them to rise.
- Bake the rolls for 20 minutes until golden.
- Brush the warm rolls with maple syrup.
You’ll love this Bread Machine Vegan Hot Cross Buns Recipe if you enjoy:
- Maple syrup
- Warming spices
- Soft bread
- Sweet bread
They are divine!
More Vegan Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes:
Bread Machine Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Bread Machine
- Baking Dish
For the dough
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil I used grapeseed
- 2 + 1/2 cup white bread wheat flour I used traditional unbleached, stone ground flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar or xylitol for a refined sugar-free option
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
For assembling the rolls
- 2 tablespoons plant butter softened or melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or coconut blossom sugar for a refined sugar-free option
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
For the glaze
- maple syrup
For the dough
- Place dough ingredients into a bread machine in the order listed. Turn the machine on using the "dough only" function.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown (or coconut blossom) sugar and the cinnamon. Also, grease an approximately 23 cm square baking dish!
- When the "dough only" function signals ready, remove the dough onto a well-floured surface. Roll the dough out into a 23 x 28 cm rectangle.
- Spread the plant butter evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the dough as well as the raisins (optional).
- Starting from a short edge, roll the dough up into a log! Pinch to seal the seam. (NOTE: Rolling the log too tightly will result in cinnamon rolls whose centers pop up above the rest of them as they bake.) Turn the log seam side down, and cut into 2.5 cm slices. Place the cut side up in your greased baking dish. The unbaked rolls should not touch one another! Cover with a damp kitchen towel and allow to proof for 45-60 minutes or until the buns are just touching one another.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan.
- Bake the rolls in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, or until risen and golden. Brush the warm buns with maple syrup!