Harissa paste, creamy chickpea salad, and crunchy baby spinach all wrapped into a soft tortilla wrap. Sounds like something you wouldn’t mind grabbing out of the fridge in the middle of a busy workday? Me neither!
Real-life tip: always have a can of chickpeas in your pantry and vegan mayo in your fridge! Chickpeas and mayo. Mashed. The basic chickpea salad that can rescue any lunch emergency!
When you do have some more time to prepare a leveled-up chickpea salad, add some finely diced shallots, carrots, fresh herbs, and a variety of spices.
Then, take a large tortilla wrap, spread some harissa paste on it, add baby spinach, and cover it with chickpea salad. Fold in the edges and roll into a burrito.
Are you still skeptical about mashing chickpeas? I promise you that the texture will pleasantly surprise you. Plant-curious friends, it is similar to egg mayo or tuna salad!
Did you meal prep this Harissa Chickpea Salad Wrap recipe? Don’t forget to tag @vegan_meal_prep_sunday on Instagram, so I can find you!
More No Reheat Vegan Meal Prep Recipes:
Harissa Chickpea Salad Wraps
- 3 cups chickpeas (equals 2 cans of chickpeas) drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup thangy vegan mayo
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small shallot finely diced
- 1 large carrot finely diced
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley finely diced
For The Wrap
- 3 large brown tortilla wraps
- 3 TBSP harissa paste I used Pesto Princess harissa paste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- After draining and rinsing the chickpeas, pat them dry to remove any excess moisture. Then, combine the chickpeas with the tangy vegan mayo, garam masala, turmeric, and salt. Mash the chickpeas, using a fork, until it looks similar to an egg mayo salad.
- Add the finely diced shallot, carrot, and cilantro or parsley. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
For The Wrap
- Now, for the wrap. Place a large tortilla wrap on a plate or cutting board and lather some harissa paste in the middle of the wrap. Add one cup of baby spinach on top of the harissa paste and cover with about 1 cup of chickpea salad. Fold in the edge and roll into a burrito. Repeat until you have made 3 burritos.