Before I started sharing meal prep recipes with the whole internet, I meal prepped only a few recipes in rotation. Those recipes were super simple yet so yum! These Easy Peanut Tofu Meal Prep Bowls were one of those recipes.
I have been craving them lately and realized they are a fantastic easy meal prep recipe that deserves its own recipe post.
May I add that they are nutritionally well-balanced, in true VMPS fashion?
How To Make Easy Peanut Tofu Meal Prep Bowls In 3 Simple Steps
Step 1: Bake tofu and broccoli.
Step 2: Make rice! If you are a cheater in the kitchen like me, use your pressure cooker or instant pot.
Step 3: Make a peanut sauce. Smother the tofu with it as soon as it comes out of the oven and assemble your bowls.
All I can add is a plea to please make these bowls! They will change your meal prep journey for the better. If you have been reluctant to get started, making these once will convince you to keep going. And if you are a pro meal prepper already, this will be an easy recipe to add to your rotation.
What Are The Best Containers For Meals That Need To Be Reheated?
For meals that need to be reheated, like these Easy Peanut Tofu Bowls, I swear by the LOCK & LOCK Purely Better Glass Food Storage Container with Lid. This borosilicate glass container is both microwave and oven-safe, as well as dishwasher and freezer-friendly. It doesn’t stain and has a luxurious feel to it, making it very enjoyable to eat from. It is so versatile that you can bake your meal, freeze your meal and eat your meal, all from the same bowl!
Did you meal prep this Easy Peanut Tofu Bowls Recipe? Don’t forget to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag @vegan_meal_prep_sunday on Instagram so I can see!
More 30 Minute Vegan Meal Prep Recipes:
- Spinach Pesto Pasta (with Vegan Chorizo Sausages)
- Vegan Teriyaki Eggplant Bowl
- Apple Kale Salad In A Jar
Easy Peanut Tofu Meal Prep Bowls
- 2 x sheet pan
- medium pan
- medium mixing bowl
- 1 block extra firm tofu drained, wrapped, and pressed!
- olive oil
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil toasted or dark
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, sugar, or agave
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 clove of fresh garlic pressed
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celcius and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. Arrange the broccoli on one baking sheet and toss with olive oil and salt. Cube the tofu and arrange on the other baking sheet. Toss with olive oil and salt.
- Roast both tofu and broccoli and tofu for 20-25 minutes until the tofu is crisped!
- While the tofu and broccoli are roasting, cook the rice!
- Prepare the peanut sauce, by whisking together all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Once the tofu is done roasting, add it to the mixing bowl in which the peanut sauce is prepared and toss until well-coated.
- Divide the Peanut Tofu, rice, and, broccoli amongst 3 meal prep containers. Garnish with some fresh coriander and sesame seeds!
- Store in the fridge for up to four days!