After postponing the purchase of the necessary jars to meal prep jar salads for years due to a lack of kitchen storage space, Reusetarian, the South African distributor of Le Parfait offers to send me the most stunning jars as a PR gift. Just days before the installation of my new kitchen shelves! It was fate!! Needless to say… Expect many more salad jar recipes.
If you are new to jar salads, this Greek Salad In A Jar is the perfect recipe to ease yourself into your salad jar journey. Simply build up layers of chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, salty kalamata olives, dairy-free feta cheese, parsley, and baby spinach in a jar. At the bottom rests the vinaigrette, away from all the other ingredients.
How To Build The Perfect Jar Salad?
It’s all about the order of the ingredients! Add the dressing first. This ensures that the salad ingredients don’t get soggy. The remainder of the ingredients are layered from firm on the bottom to soft and delicate on top. The bottom ingredient not only needs to be firm but also non-absorbent so that it doesn’t soak up the dressing. In the context of this Greek Salad In A jar, chickpeas are the perfect bottom ingredient while the baby spinach is best placed on top.
Perfect For Meal Prep
Salad jars might just be the ultimate meal prep lunch! They are quick to assemble on a Sunday and they perfectly last for up to five days in the fridge. You can also easily adjust them to suit your needs in a thousand different ways. Need I remind you how nutritious a salad can be? Surely, I have convinced you by now?
Did you meal prep this Greek Salad In A Jar recipe? Don’t forget to tag @vegan_meal_prep_sunday on Instagram and hashtag it #veganmealprepsunday so I can find you!
More No Reheat Vegan Meal Prep Recipes:
Greek Salad In A Jar
- 3 x 1 L jar with lid
- 6 TBSP lemon juice
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- pepper and salt
- 3 cups chickpeas (equals 2 cans of chickpeas) drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 6 tomatoes chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 100 g kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 230 g feta-style dairy-free cheese I used dairy-free white salad cheese from Woolworths, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Place the ingredients in the jars in the order they are listed in even layers.
- When you are ready to eat, pour the ingredients out onto a plate. If you prefer to eat the salad straight out of the jar, shake the jar for 30-60 seconds and then eat!