Do you own an air fryer? If you do, it will make this Green Curry with Air-fried Tofu so quick, you’ll be happy to meal prep it on the regular. No jokes, air frying tofu for 10 minutes at 200°C will turn it crispy and golden. Perfect to add to curries and stews. It would take at least double the amount of time to achieve a similar result in a regular oven. You gotta love a good time-saving kitchen appliance!
While on the time-saving topic, another kitchen appliance I can’t live without is a pressure cooker. For this recipe, I use it to cook jasmine rice to perfection in just six minutes. I generally use it to cook most grains and dry beans! It’s the best!
Once the tofu and rice are covered, all that is left to do to finish preparing this recipe is adding coconut milk and green curry paste to a saucepan, bringing it to a boil, whisking, and simmering it with broccoli florets until the broccoli is tender. Done.
For sure, this recipe will be the star of many meal prep Sundays over here in the VMPS kitchen this Fall! I mean, is there a better way to enjoy Fall than by eating cozy curries and drinking vegan hot chocolate? I think not. When you have a bit more prep time to spare, you should give this Thai Green Curry with Jasmine Rice a go as well. It features a fresh green curry paste, which is wonderfully fragrant and delicious.
Green Curry with Air-fried Tofu
- Air fryer
- 350 g firm tofu drained
- spray cooking oil I used coconut oil-based
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1-2 TBSP green curry paste I used Cock brand, from the Asian supermarket
- 3 cups cooked rice I used Jasmine rice
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes. Pat dry. Sprinkle them with salt, to taste.
- Add tofu to the air fryer basket and spray the tofu with spray cooking oil, to taste. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, tossing the tofu halfway through the cooking time.
- Add coconut milk and curry paste to a saucepan and bring to a boil, while whisking until the curry paste is dissolved in the coconut milk. Reduce heat and add broccoli. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is bright green.
Did you meal prep this Green Curry with Air-fried Tofu recipe? Don’t forget to tag @vegan_meal_prep_sunday on Instagram and hashtag it #veganmealprepsunday so I can find you!