I’m on a salad jar kick at the moment, I’m not going to lie. Last month, I published the Greek Salad In A Jar recipe post, and today it’s time for a Vegan Chipotle Salad In A Jar. I’m not going to pick a favorite since they are both my recipe children and that would be wrong, but this is a good one!
FYI!!! I’m currently collaborating with Reusetarian, the South African distributor of Le Parfait, and arranged a 15% discount code for all vegan meal preppers for the month of April on all their reusable products! Including the Le Parfait jars, I used for this salad prep. To enjoy the discount simply use the code #veganmealprep at checkout. If you have been meaning to invest in good quality meal prep containers and/or jars, this is your opportunity. In the spirit of full disclosure, if you purchase from their webshop, using my discount code, I will receive an affiliate commission on your purchase. Happy shopping!
How To Build The Perfect Jar Salad?
It’s all about the order of the ingredients! Add the dressing first. This ensures that the salad ingredients don’t get soggy. The remainder of the ingredients are layered from firm on the bottom to soft and delicate on top. The bottom ingredient not only needs to be firm but also non-absorbent so that it doesn’t soak up the dressing. In the context of this Vegan Chipotle Salad In A Jar, beans are the perfect bottom ingredient while lettuce and tortilla chips are best placed on top.
How Do You Eat A Vegan Chipotle Salad In A Jar?
When you are ready to eat your pretty salad, you can either just shake it up, and eat it straight from the jar! Alternatively, you can turn it up side down onto a plate. Your tortilla chips and lettuce will be at the bottom and the other ingredients on top. To make both options easy, make sure you choose a jar with a wide mouth!
I hope you love this Vegan Chipotle Salad In A Jar Recipe, it’s:
- Perfect for meal prep
- & Smokey
Did you meal prep this Vegan Chipotle Salad In A Jar Recipe? Don’t forget to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag @vegan_meal_prep_sunday on Instagram so I can see!
More Vegan Meal Prep Jar Recipes:
Vegan Chipotle Salad In A Jar
- 3 x 1 L jar with lid (I used Le Parfait brand)
- 3 tablespoons chipotle sauce I used Checker's Simple Truth brand
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3 teaspoons chipotle rub I used Checker's Simple Truth brand
- 1,5 cup pinto beans (equals 1 can of pinto beans) rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 bell peppers finely diced
- 15 slices of pickled jalapeno
- 1,5 cup cooked quinoa
- 100 g grated vegan cheddar cheese
- 3 cups iceberg or romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups tortilla chips
- Place the ingredients in the jars in the order they are listed in even layers.
- Put the lids on tightly and store them in the fridge! For optimal flavour and freshness, eat them within 3-4 days.
- When you are ready to eat, pour the ingredients out onto a plate. If you prefer to eat the salad straight out of the jar, shake the jar for 30-60 seconds and then eat!