This vegan high-protein meal prep is simply delicious! Vegan mince fried with a sweet and spicy sauce served with tender broccoli.
Are you vegan and looking to include a few high-protein meals into your weekly meal plan? This is the recipe for you!!
There are plenty of plant-based protein sources you can include in your meals. The most protein-dense sources, tend to be meat replacement products. Although they are not essential to a vegan diet, they can be a very convenient way to boost the protein content of your meals. For this recipe, I used vegan mince!
In this post, you will learn how to meal prep Sweet Sriracha Mince And Broccoli.
This post is all about Vegan High Protein Meal Prep!
Vegan High Protein Meal Prep:
As you’ve probably noticed by now that the VMPS recipes tend to be well-balanced. They are designed to include at least a serving of protein, starch, (mostly healhty) fat, and vegetables. Balanced meals help you stay energized throughout busy workdays, because they are satiating. One way to boost the protein content of your meals is to include meat replacement products! For this recipe, I’m using vegan mince, a very versatile and accesible meat replacement product.
Tips To Prep The Perfect Sweet Sriracha Mince And Broccoli
To be honest, this recipe is truly super easy. Not much can go wrong! Especially if you read the following few tips.
Firstly, it is important to read the instructions of the mince you have purchased. For this recipe, I purchased a local pea protein-based mince. This mince requires to be fried in some oil for 5 minutes. Following the instructions will allow you to achieve the best results!
While the mince is cooking, combine all the sauce ingredients in a mason jar and give it a good shake. The sauce is made of maple syrup, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, and ginger.
Once you have cooked your mince following the manufacturer’s instructions, pour over the sauce and allow to cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened!
Lastly!! Definitely don’t overcook the broccoli! To make the perfect boiled broccoli, bring water to a boil and boil the broccoli for 2 1/2 – 3 minutes, uncovered. Then drain and add flavour as desired.
What Are The Best Containers For Meals That Need To Be Reheated?
For meals that need to be reheated, like this Sweet Sriracha Mince And Broccoli, I swear by the 630 milliliter or 21 oz LOCK & LOCK Purely Better Glass Food Storage Container with Lid. This borosilicate glass container is both microwave and oven-safe, as well as dishwasher and freezer-friendly. It doesn’t stain and has a luxurious feel to it, making it very enjoyable to eat from. It is so versatile that you can bake your meal, freeze your meal and eat your meal, all from the same bowl!
Sweet Sriracha Mince And Broccoli: FAQ’s
How long does Sweet Sriracha Mince And Broccoli Meal Prep last in the fridge?
I recommend storing this meal in the fridge and consuming it within four days from preparation. This will ensure the ideal nutritional and taste quality. This meal is also a great freezer-friendly option.
Does broccoli have protein?
Fun nutrition fact: broccoli is higher in protein then most vegetables! However, its protein content is still relatively low. 1 cup of broccoli contains about 3 g of protein.
What vegan food is high in protein?
Pulses and any foods that are made from pulses is high in protein. This includes beans, lentils, peas, tofu, seitan, tempeh, soy products, etc.
Sweet Sriracha Mince And Broccoli
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 g vegan mince
- 1 cup uncooked rice
Sweet Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 thumb ginger finely grated
- sesame seeds
- Cook: Start with cooking the rice according to package instructions. I personally love to use my Instant Pot to cook rice. It is 100% hands-off, so once I get that started, I can focus on the rest of the recipe.1 cup uncooked rice
- Boil: In a medium-sized pot, bring water to a boil and boil the broccoli for 2 1/5 – 3 minutes. Don't overcook your broccoli! You want it to be bright green and tender.1 head of broccoli
- Fry: Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Then, fry the vegan mince according to package instructions. While the mince is cooking, combine all the sauce ingredients in a mason jar and give it a good shake to combine. Once the mince is done cooking, add the sauce and cook until thick, for about 1 minute.1 tablespoon olive oil, 300 g vegan mince, 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce, 2 tablespoon maple syrup, 2-3 tablespoon sriracha sauce, 2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 thumb ginger
- Divide: Divide the rice, broccoli, and sweet sriracha mince amongst 3 meal prep containers. Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.sesame seeds
- Store: Store in the fridge for up to four days!
Did you meal prep this Sweet Sriracha Mince And Broccoli Recipe? Don’t forget to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag @vegan_meal_prep_sunday on Instagram so I can see!
This post was all about Vegan High Protein Meal Prep!