I personally can’t go out for a sushi dinner without starting off with a tummy-hugging miso soup! Not only is it really tasty but it’s considerably high in protein too, in the form of tofu. Especially since veggie sushi is usually lacking in significant protein content. Another tip to add a vegan source of protein to your sushi dinner, is ordering a portion of steamed edamame. Anyways, back to instant tofu miso soup!
What is miso soup?
Miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup predominantly made of broth and miso paste! It is a true comfort Miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup predominantly made of broth and miso paste. It is a true comfort food.
Time saving tips
Making miso soup from scratch is not all that much work, however, this instant tofu miso soup is truly the laziest way to make the tasty dish. The time saving trick to make miso soup in no time is to use an instant miso soup sachet to flavour the soup as a replacement of the broth and miso paste. Another time saving tip is to use frozen vegetables instead of fresh veggies.
Is this meal nutritionally well-balanced?
To turn this simple miso soup into a nutritionally well-balanced meal, it contains frozen vegetables, a serving of protein in the form of tofu, starch in the form of rice noodles as well as healthy fats in the form of sesame oil.
To prep this recipe, you simply layer the frozen vegetables, soaked rice noodles and tofu into your meal prep container. This can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Before serving, you pour the instant miso soup sachet onto your prepped ingredients. Then, close your meal prep container and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before devouring. Miso soup sachets come in an array of different flavours to choose from. My personal favourite is the tofu and ginger from King Soba, available in South Africa from Faithful To Nature.
Customized Instant Tofu Miso Soup
- 120 g flat rice noodles
- 350 gram silken tofu diced in bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups frozen veggies carrots, corn, peas and green beans
- 3 sachets instant miso soup I use King Soba
- Soak the rice noodles in water for 10 minutes and then rinse them off.
- Assemble your instant soup ingredients, by adding the frozen veggies, soaked noodles and diced tofu into a meal prep container.
- Before serving, pour the miso soup sachet over the soup ingredients and cover all ingredients with boiling water. Close your container and allow it to soak for 10 minutes!
Don’t forget to share your meals with me and other fellow VMPS preppers by tagging your posts with #veganmealprepsunday. I’d love to see how your meals turned out!